Botanical Art to Date
This exhibition of paintings of fynbos specimens have, in the main, been
collected by the artist on the mountains and coastal plains of the
southern-most tip of Africa. Margaret paints in watercolour and only from
specimens by natural light, never from photographs. Each painting takes six
weeks to two months to complete. The flowers are painted first as they fade
long before the leaves.
– 2010 and 2013 -Silver and Gold medals -Kirstenbosch Biennales respectively;
– 2013 -Best Painting on Show -International Botanical Art Exhibition of the Royal Horticultural Society in London;
– 2013 and 2016 -Gold medals -International Botanical Art Exhibitions of the Royal Horticultural Society in London;
– 2018 -Exhibited at the International World Wide Botanical Art Exhibition in Johannesburg;
– Her work has been acquired by national and international private collectors.